“NABERS Game Changers” was recently held at Central Park Perth
During CitySwitch’s Cafe Series 3 event “NABERS Game Changers”, members of the NABERS team based in Sydney and members of the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program team based in Canberra shared insights about their latest projects, which are definitely game changers for Australia in terms of sustainability practices.
- Phill Raso – CitySwitch WA Program Manager
- Andrew Hammond – City of Perth Commissioner
- Karinne Taylor – Manager NABERS Waste, NSW Office of Environment & Heritage
- Dennis Lee – NABERS Head of Technical Standards, NSW Office of Environment & Heritage
- Erica Kenna – Senior Program Officer at the Department of the Environment and Energy
Phill Raso opening the event
WA Program Manager of CitySwitch, Phill Raso opened the event, announcing exciting news about Energy Efficiency and Sustainability initiatives in Western Australia.
Followed by City of Perth Commissioner, Andrew Hammond’s presentation about the Perth’s Strategic Community Plan 2029 including prediction of possible opportunities for Building Upgrade Finance (BUF) – a method for financing building upgrades for sustainability benefits.
CBD program by Department of environment
Department of the Environment and Energy’s Senior Program Officer, Erica Kenna gave an interesting presentation about the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program.
The takeaway message of the event was that Australia is definitely committed with The Paris Agreement and tools like NABERS Ratings and the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program play a key role to achieve Australia’s NetZero target.
Aiming for efficient certifications
To close off, there was a technical briefing for CBD and NABERS Accredited Assessors, conducted by the CBD team where an assessor’s checklist was provided to support the process and ensure that applications are certified as quickly as possible.
Some members of HFM’s CBD and NABERS team attended both the conference and the technical briefing and found them very interesting and constructive, well done to CitySwitch, NABERS, City of Perth and CBD for putting together this great info session!
- Understanding where and how energy and water is utilised in your building
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce operational cost
- Benchmarking against your peers and identify opportunities for improvements