HVAC UPGRADE TO PRIMEWEST'S SHOPPING CENTRE
WE ARE HERE TO IMPROVE YOUR BUILDING!
HFM’s Project Management services include a wide variety of solutions for electrical, mechanical, solar and renewables projects.
Check out this summary of a project delivered for one of our clients, Northlands Shopping Centre, located in Western Australia.
- The central mechanical plant was operational but major components had reached the end of serviceable life.
- Air distribution was insufficient. Internal ductwork was in poor condition and didn’t comply with the current best practice.
- The electrical distribution was not capable of feeding the tenants’ air conditioning thus the electrical distribution boards were partly replaced and the cable sizes were upgraded.
- Installation within the tenancies without affecting their business operation.
- Architectural considerations / upgrades. Coordinating the design between the owner’s requirements and the major tenant’s design brief.
- The building was constructed in the early 1970s. Unknown issues that are generally found during the project due to the missing as constructed documentation.
- Compliance considerations raised at the kick-off of site works (roof access, asbestos, obsolete Fire Panel, undersized neutral cable for the MSSB).
HVAC upgrades are one of our Project Management services – At HFM Asset Management, we are ready to tackle projects of any size.
- Installation of rooftop air-conditioning units for the Shopping Centre.
- Installation of roof-top packages or ducted split air-conditioning units for the tenancies.
- New BMS/DDC control for the Shopping Centre and the major tenant.
- Individual A/C controls per shop, with the option to integrate into the new BMS in the future.
- New MSSB with performance meters for the major tenant and the Shopping Centre A/C plant.
- New roof access, unit platforms & service paths.
- Ceiling modifications and make good at the general Shopping Centre area and the tenancies.
- The A/C units were separated by installing a dedicated tenancy air-conditioning, which allows the tenants to have full control of their comfort condition, electricity consumption (by the A/C unit). Simultaneously, the landlord can increase the revenue by electricity on-sell.
- This project paved the way for a commercial-sized solar PV installation utilising the rooftop areas.