Northlands Shopping Centre HVAC Upgrade
We are here to improve your building!
HFM’s Project Management services include a wide variety of solutions for electrical, mechanical, solar and renewables projects.
Check out this summary of a project delivered for one of our clients, Northlands Shopping Centre, located in Western Australia.
- The central mechanical plant was operational but major components had reached the end of serviceable life.
- Air distribution was insufficient. Internal ductwork was in poor condition and didn’t comply with the current best practice.
- The electrical distribution was not capable of feeding the tenants’ air conditioning thus the electrical distribution boards were partly replaced and the cable sizes were upgraded.
- Installation within the tenancies without affecting their business operation.
- Architectural considerations / upgrades. Coordinating the design between the owner’s requirements and the major tenant’s design brief.
- The building was constructed in the early 1970’s. Unknown issues that are generally found during the project due to the missing as constructed documentation.
- Compliance considerations raised at the kick-off of site works (roof access, asbestos, obsolete Fire Panel, undersized neutral cable for the MSSB).
- HVAC Upgrade:
- Installation of rooftop air-conditioning units for the Shopping Centre.
- Installation of roof-top packages or ducted split air-conditioning units for the tenancies.
- New BMS/DDC control for the Shopping Centre and the major tenant.
- Individual A/C controls per shop, with the option to integrate into the new BMS in the future.
- Electrical Services:
- New MSSB with performance meters for the major tenant and the Shopping Centre A/C plant.
- Builder’s works:
- New roof access, unit platforms & service paths.
- Ceiling modifications and make good at the general Shopping Centre area and the tenancies.
- The A/C units were separated by installing a dedicated tenancy air-conditioning, which allows the tenants to have full control of their comfort condition, electricity consumption (by the A/C unit). Simultaneously, the landlord can increase the revenue by electricity on-sell.
- This project paved the way for a commercial-sized solar PV installation utilising the rooftop areas.
HVAC upgrades are one of our Project Management services – At HFM Asset Management, we are ready to tackle projects of any size.
Click below to download an interesting infographic of this project.
To find out more about our Project Management services click here
Contact us on 1300 021 420 to discuss how we can help you.