2021 Energy Efficiency Grants for Hotels
Great news for Australian hotels, motels, and serviced apartment complexes (with up to 99 rooms), a total budget of $10.2 Million has been allocated by the Federal Government for energy-saving programs offering up to $25,000.
- Applications timeframe: 24 February 2021 – 1 April 2021
- Grants from $10,000 to $25,000
- It is available for Australian hotels, motels, and serviced apartment complexes with up to 99 rooms
- There is no requirement for a co-contribution
- The funds can be used to:
- Undertake energy management activities and assessments, such as energy audits and engineering feasibility studies for energy efficiency upgrades
- Invest in energy monitoring and management systems
- Upgrade equipment to reduce energy consumption
- Upgrade the building fabric to save energy.
- The program is expected to provide between 400 and 600 grants (Eligible applications will not automatically be approved, they will be approved according to meeting eligibility criteria, submission time and date and distribution of funding per jurisdiction), so it’s key to submit an application early.
Official details of the program’s guidelines and application process can be found here: https://www.business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/hotel-energy-uplift-program
HFM'S HOLISTIC APPROACH WILL HELP YOUR HOTEL MAKE THE MOST OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
HFM has the experience and credentials to ensure your application has the best chance of success to achieve a holistic approach and take advantage of this opportunity.
For almost two decades, the HFM team has saved combined millions of dollars to hotels across Australia, while helping them improve their Energy Efficiency, undertaking:
SIMILAR PROJECTS COMPLETED BY HFM:
- Karratha International Hotel – Energy efficiency journey (64% reduction)
- Award-winning Hotel’s Energy Reduction Journey (Expenditure reduced by over $68K)
- Over $590K of combined savings across 12 Hotels and counting
- Hotel Achieves 5-Star NABERS Energy Rating & Environmental Award
- Hotel reduces 40% in whole of site energy consumption
- Entertainment & hospitality group improve their buildings’ performance