HFM’s Managing Director was part of the Siemens Australia Digitalization delegation to Germany
HFM’s Managing Director, Ian Knox was invited to be part of the Siemens Australia Digitalization delegation which saw him travel to Germany for ten days last month.
The delegation was formed by important members of the industry grouped in 7 categories, being:
- Prime Minister’s Industry 4.0 Taskforce
- Building Technologies
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
Ian was one of the thirteen national representatives for the “Building Technologies” area.
The agenda for the delegation during their time in Germany included:
- Platform Industry 4.0 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) – Signing between Australia & Germany
- Attending the world’s leading industrial fair “Hannover Messe.”
- Siemens Dynamowerks Factory Tour
- Tour of Siemens Rail Service Centre Munich-Allach & Data Service Centre
- Tour of Siemens Headquarters
- Airbus – Defence & Space Centre
- Siemens Microgrid & DES lab tour
- Siemens MS Factory
- SAP & MS Factory to Mainz Energy Park
Ian was honoured to have be selected as one of the few delegates representing Australia. The tour allowed him to experience firsthand not only the world’s leading industrial fair “Hannover Messe”, but he was also able to witness the signing of a cooperation agreement between Germany and Australia; called “Platform Industrie 4.0” by The Prime Minister’s Industry 4.0 Taskforce. This event took place in Berlin on the 25th of April 2017.
According to the official statement published by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science: “The agreement fulfils a recommendation by the Australia-Germany Advisory Group to increase collaboration on digital transformation. The agreement also forms part of the broader cooperation between Australia and Germany on science and innovation.” For more information on the MoU see below links:
- Cooperation agreement with Plattform Industrie 4.0 (Germany)
- German-Australian Cooperation on Industrie 4.0
With 225,000 attendees and 6,500 exhibitors; Hannover Messe 2017 was the perfect scenario to discover and observe exceptional innovations.
Here are some helpful links with insights on exhibitors on show at Hannover Messe:
- All Electric Flying car: It appears we are getting closer for the world’s first all-electric flying car to be available! – Don’t believe it? Read more here
- Hydrogen fuel
- Energy meets Industry: Here
- Energy Efficiency “because less is more”: Here
- Europe’s Energy Revolution A Joint Effort: Here
- An Insight into the Energy System of the Future: Here
- Hannover Messe 2017 in pictures: Here