HFM Asset Management
HFM is an Engineering Consultancy, we offer tailored Engineering Solutions to improve the efficiency of any type of building, anywhere in Australia.
For over 15 years, our team has been making a difference in hundreds of buildings, meaning they are more efficient, healthier and cheaper to run. HFM increases the efficiency of assets, including some of Australia’s most iconic buildings.
Who are we?
What makes us unique
We are not your typical engineering company – We are problem-solvers that improve the efficiency of buildings and assets, reducing their ongoing costs; identifying and preventing possible issues before they arise. All these while reducing their environmental impact.
Our history, our experience, our pride.
Mr. Ian Knox created a new firm called “Hotel FM” consisting of facility management advisory to hotel owners. The company’s first official contract was Accor’s Formule 1 Hotels.
An office was opened in Osborne Park, Perth WA and the team expanded to 3 employees.
Office expansion on the ground floor of Osborne Park office to accommodate more staff, the team at the time consisted of 8 employees.
The company was rebranded to “HFM Asset Management” with a team made of electrical & mechanical engineers, data analysts, finance and bookkeeping, facility support advisors & IT Support.
- HFM’s service offerings and sophistication was evolving rapidly and growing. The company’s reputation started to be held in high regard in the as-built environment. The company had already employed over 20 team members.
- HFM opened an office in Ballina, NSW.
- HFM’s Perth office was relocated to the CBD to expand both internal activities as well as the client base.
- The company purchased a Holden Volt electric car as one of two work vehicles; making a positive impact in the environment
- HFM opened an office in Brisbane CBD
- An advisory board was established as well as new shareholders to push management and the team to be innovative and keep striving for more success
- HFM has since formed key strategic partnerships with Core Vision & Energy Tec in order to continue to be able to deliver innovative building efficiency solutions for its clients.
HFM opened an office in Melbourne CBD.
- HFM opened an office in Sydney CBD.
- The rebranding of the company.
The new website was launched
Own it, do it, love it
Do the right thing
Pursue growth & learning
We transform properties to efﬁcient, economic and compliant assets for our clients.
Awards and Recognition
- WA’s Best Hospitality Service Provider Award Regional – Australian Hotels Association (AHA) Awards.
- National Winner of Excellence in FM (Residential) – Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA) Awards.
- Highly Commendation for The Most Ambitious Company in Gender Diversity Engineers Australia.
- David Chokolich: Awarded Committee Member of the year by Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA)
- CitySwitch National Partnership of the Year 2017 – HFM Asset Management & TSA Group.
- CitySwitch WA Partnership of the Year 2017 – HFM Asset Management & TSA Group.
- National finalist of PCA Diversity Award < 250 Employees. – Property Council of Australia Awards.
- Ian Knox: Finalist for the Leadership in Gender Diversity in Industry Award – Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA) Awards
- CitySwitch 2014 WA Partnership of the Year Award Winner – HFM along with RAC demonstrated industry leadership by training Curtin University students in creating a sustainability action plan for commercial tenancies.
Articles and mentions
- WA: Maintenance Planning and Insurance: The Strata Titles Amendment Act 2018 (STAA 2018) by David Chokolich and Leonie Milonas
- NABERS for Apartment Buildings by Andrea Quintero
- 2019: The bumper outlook report
- HFM Asset Management leads by example – CitySwitch
- Wine production powered by the sun by David Chokolich HFM – Retrofit Australia
- Keeping diversity front of mind by Beth Morris and Andrea Quintero HFM – Facility Perspectives
- Savills and HFM Asset Management delve into the principles of NABERS
What Our Clients say
Savills WA have utilised HFM Asset Management to provide engineering consulting services for the past 10 years.
Their knowledge and combined experience in; asset management, facility management, energy & water efficiency and engineering has helped Savills WA manage their buildings more effectively and ultimately provide value back to the owners.
We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend HFM Asset Management to other customers.
“Primewest has utilised the services of HFM over the past years to ensure NABERS and CBD compliance across our portfolio; review, assess and provide advice on plant lifecycle management; tender and negotiate our energy and water contracts, and provide valuable ongoing technical support in relation to our assets.
HFM were instrumental in coordinating the works at one of our West Perth assets which improved the NABERS Rating from 0 Stars to 5 Stars and also in maintaining that performance over a number of years, this dramatic rise in the NABERS rating along with the enormous reduction in electricity costs resulted in lower outgoings and greater tenant retention at the property.
More recently HFM has provided a vital role in the refurbishment of 1 Forrest Place, a heritage listed mixed-use property in the CBD. With HFM’s assistance, the building is targeting NABERS 4.5 Stars through mechanical, electrical and lighting design”
I have worked with Ian and the staff at HFM for at least the last 10 years. They remain my first port of call for matters related to all things energy including electricity procurement, NABERS ratings and advice and importantly lifecycle costing for commercial property assets.
In my last role, with the assistance and guidance of the HFM team, we were able to achieve the second 5.5 star NABERS Energy rated building in WA, without Greenpower. This was a significant achievement through a close collaboration between our staff and the HFM team.
I would be happy to recommend HFM as the leading contractor in their field.
I have worked with HFM for the last 3 ½ years and have found their service exceptional over that time. We engaged HFM to monitor our buildings efficiency via their TMAR reporting and advise of any issues and potential improvements to enhance NABERS ratings and tenant satisfaction.
With the help of HFM we reached and maintained a 5 ½ star NABERS Energy Rating 130 Stirling Street following development through to the buildings sale in April 2014.
HFM continue to provide us the latest information on building efficiency initiatives and recommendations tailored specifically to our buildings during our quarterly Energy Management Plan meetings.
It hadn’t occurred to us to engage a building efficiency consultant, but a conversation about energy efficiency initiatives, while HFM were conducting a NABERS assessment for the landlord, lead to us engaging HFM to do exactly that.
This turned out to be one of the best things we have ever done and has started TSA down a path of significant savings on energy, environmental sustainability and an improved environment for our staff.
For us, what’s sets HFM apart, is their ability to convey their technical expertise into real-world solutions, where the benefits can be easily understood by both the business and the facilities team.
“HFM recently provided Electricity Procurement Services to the team at VenuesLive for Perth’s biggest stadium.
The high quality of service provided by HFM was not only aligned with our standards and requirements, but also the guidance HFM provided to our team throughout the process was clear, explaining complex concepts such as cost drivers of energy into easy-to-understand information for everyone involved.
HFM’s detailed examination of the contracted terms & conditions was key for the VenuesLive team to get an accurate understanding of the risks and obligations involved in energy supply contracts.”
We believe in paying forward, and we’re always finding solutions to contribute to the balance between economic, social, and environmental practices. Together, we make a difference towards a better future for generations to come.
Read our community news to learn more.