Measure your building's performance against others
If you have been wondering how your building compares to others in the market when it comes to energy and water efficiency, now is the time to find out!
NABERS, the National Australian Built Environment Rating System, have announced they will be waiving certificate fees for ratings in the following sectors this 2020-21 financial year:
- Apartments buildings (Energy and Water ratings)
- Hotels (Energy, Water and Carbon Neutral* ratings)
- Data Centres (Energy and Water ratings)
- Shopping Centres (Energy, Water and Carbon Neutral* ratings)
- Office buildings and tenancy ratings smaller than 1,000m2 (Energy, Water, Waste, Indoor Environment and Carbon Neutral*)
* For Carbon Neutral ratings, the Climate Active component of the fee will also be waived.
Please note that the 100% fee discount does not apply to Commitment Agreements
The offer will apply to all ratings lodged between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021 and is limited to one lodgement fee waiver for each rating type, per building.
What is a NABERS Rating?
A NABERS rating provides you with an independent assessment of your building’s performance based on actual data compared to other similar buildings across Australia. The assessment takes into consideration factors such as the climate in your area, the size and hours of operation of your building and other factors that impact Energy and Water consumption to provide a fair comparison between buildings.
HFM have completed NABERS ratings for hundreds of buildings across Australia and in addition to providing you with a rating we can:
- Help you to identify opportunities for energy and cost savings in your building
- Track your building’s performance before or after you complete a rating to monitor your progress towards your energy and water savings targets. Find out more about our Yardstick tool here.
- Undertake energy procurement to make sure you aren’t paying too much for the energy you do consume, find out more here.
If you have been wondering how your building compares to others in the market when it comes to energy and water efficiency now is the time to find out!
IS YOUR BEEC EXPIRING SOON?
HFM is here to help you
Since 1998, the NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) tool has been used to measure the environmental performance of commercial buildings and tenancies. This has now been extended across other sectors (apartment buildings, shopping centres, hotels and data centres).
Rating the environmental performance of your building or tenancy (with a NABERS Rating), will help you understand its current performance and whether improvements are needed or not.
HFM has one of the largest and more experienced team of NABERS Accredited Assessors, who are ready to implement this rating for any type of building.
In addition to the quality of our services and the experience of our team members, HFM’s clients benefit from having a one-stop shop for building efficiency, as our core business is to develop tailored Engineering solutions to improve the efficiency of any building, anywhere in Australia. In other words, even if your building obtains a low NABERS Rating, we can help you get on track and start improving!
This Case Study is a good example of the results obtained by one of our clients, who started the journey with a 2-Star NABERS Energy Rating / 3-Star NABERS Water Rating (pre-project) and achieved a 5-Star NABERS Energy Rating and a 4.5-Star NABERS Water Rating; as well as an award for “Best Environmental Practice”
To find out more information about NABERS Ratings visit: